Construction & Remodeling Diaries
12K Posts | 2.0K Discussions
STOP!! READ THIS BEFORE POSTING!!
This forum is NOT for advice on general construction or remodeling, there are other forums for that.Rehabbing and House Flipping or Real Estate Development & New Home ConstructionThis forum... View more
23 23 3
Recommendations in Tulsa Ok area
I have been having a hard time finding a roofer, siding and windows in the Tulsa area. I can’t seem to get anyone that wants to work. Does anyone have any recommendations in the Tulsa area?I need complete new siding... View more
0 0 2
Interest in purchasing Storage Units
Hey folks,  First post here. I am a recent college graduate with a net income of 40k, and I am eager to get started on acquiring properties. I have heard a great place to start is with self storage units. Easy to... View more
2 2 4
Looking for General Contractor in Chicago
Hello,I’m looking for a licensed and bonded general contractor in the area of Chicago, IL for flip rehabs. If you recommend anyone who has worked with investors please let me know.
1 1 3
Uneven Flooring and Placing Vinyl
Hello all, Looking for a contractor to give me some advice on laying vinyl flooring. The floor is uneven when stepping into the room from the tile in the kitchen. Originally it had carpet and there will be a gap of... View more
0 0 2
Started Investing in single family homes rental prop. Help!
Hi Guys I am starting my Real estate investment journey. I started in Alabama and buying recently rehabbed properties. In single family homes. I am looking to buy want to do the rehab myself(with a contractor or... View more
0 0 2
Build an ADU or subdivide property to build a 2nd home?
Hi All -The home I live in is on a 10K sq ft lot in a suburban LA neighborhood around 45 mins north from Santa Monica. There used to be two homes on the lot. I was told that a previous owner had combined the two lots... View more
0 0 10
Kitchen Cabinet Company in Charlotte
Hi Everyone, looking for recommendations on a local company that specializes in kitchen cabinets here in Charlotte for a flip I'm working on. Thanks
0 0 0
My Manchester, NH 4 Unit renovation
I recently purchased a 4 unit off market building for $231,000. It was originally listed on the MLS. The numbers in my eyes weren't terrible so I requested a showing. The realtor wasn't very helpful and the seller... View more
3 3 59
interior door recommendation
Hi,I want to have an interior door installed but the opening is not a standard size. It is like 59"x95".One handyman told me that the wall has to be modified to fit a regular sized French doors and it costs like... View more
0 0 4
OSB walls??... need ideas
Looking at purchasing a great deal, but rather than drywall, the homeowner “remodeled” and used OSB on the walls. The issue, other than the cost of drywall is that the OSB is flush with trim/windows so even 1/4”... View more
0 0 0
Deep Dive into Development of Duplex/Townhouse (New Construction)
Introduction My intentions here is not to do a quick look at the numbers but a deep dive into the entire experience of doing my first development. I did break this down into sections so that you can skip to area of... View more
6 6 15
Real estate builders new construction
Any take on what builders would buy a 2,000 sq foot home for on a street with homes upwards of 6.5 million in Atlanta. Most homes are 4,000 - 5,000 sq feet. Home is good condition.
0 0 0
Permit Fee Increases?
Hi BP Community! I am about 3/4 through my first rehab for a buy and hold property. Everything was permitted of course right off the bat.  All drawings and plans were submitted to the city.  The plans have not... View more
0 0 0
Tenant closet issues
Here is one for you. Tenants have one closet. Cloths seem to be really heavy as the weight bent the brackets. Outside of fixing this... again. Should I tell them to buy a closet for their clothing so that they can... View more
0 0 3
Why would general contractors decline??
I’m writing multiple contractors in my area. Ones with good portfolios, before and afters, etc. I’ve had two reply with “not interested”, “I don’t do this type of work”. Then I go back and they clearly do this type of... View more
0 0 12
Lehigh Valley PA contractors
Does anyone have good general contractor contacts in Pennsylvania’s Lehigh Valley (Bethlehem, Allentown, Easton). We are looking for a reliable investor-friendly contractor. Things have certainly been tough finding... View more
1 1 6
Converting motel into apartments??
12 units on 1 meter and I would like to meter each unit separately without re-wiring each unit and adding boxes. I could also divide the total Bill by 12 but...any other ideas?
0 0 1
Selling a flip BEFORE COMPLETION ???
Should I sell an Unfinished flip ??? OR Should I hold it until finished and sell it on the Open Market? I am about 75% finished and have been approached by a buyer who wants me to stop work and sell to her "as is". She... View more
0 0 13
Birmingham, AL Building Permits
Hi Everyone, For rehabs in the City of Birmingham, do you typically pull permits when you are just doing cosmetic work? New tile in bathrooms, new toilets, new tubs, new cabinets, countertops, kitchen flooring. This is... View more
0 0 0
Looking for GC/Repairman in Norwich CT.
Picked up a two unit house in Norwich with tenants. Old owner neglected the place and I’m looking to fix it up. Can anyone recommend reliable and fair repairman or GC in Norwich area? I have a bucket list of... View more
0 0 4
What's the weirdest/grossest thing you've found during a demo?
I'll start: 10+ lbs of cat food ... in the wall. (I broke the shopvac)
3 3 9
Cleveland pandemic construction
Hi Cleveland investors, is construction still happening during the pandemic? I need a good GC if anyone knows one. Thank you
0 0 2
Converting 2-Flat to 3-Flat
My father and I just bought a 2-Flat with hopes of turning the basement into a legal unit. It has adequate ceiling height and is very big. Has anyone had experience with this type of thing or familiar with the process?
0 0 2
General contractor to build
Happy new year everyonePurchased the lot and thinking of building home to sell. This is my first time building. I am looking for a good/ credible general contractor. What route should I take to research. Any tips and... View more
0 0 1